Community Organizers Summit
Tools you can use to support interactions among community members
- Web Site:
- Stanford Sites (Drupal) http://sites.stanford.edu
- Stanford Web Infrastructure Tools:
- Mailing Lists:
- Document storage and sharing:
- Document creation and sharing:
- Tech Commons:
Tony notes good diagram of types of tools https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLxlSSywUAMWydbRO8jLLyUhL73ttwzWV9cQXjdj0lM/edit
- Lave and Wenger. Situated Learning : Legitimate Peripheral Participation. Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1991.
- Cultivating Communities of Practice: a Guide to Managing Knowledge. By Etienne Wenger, Richard McDermott, and William Snyder, Harvard Business School Press, 2002.
- Brown and Duguid. The Social Life of Information. Boston, Massachusetts : Harvard Business Review Press, 2017. (originally published in 2002.)
- http://hbswk.hbs.edu/archive/2855.html - Cultivating Communities, the Seven Principles
- Supporting communities of practice: a survey of community-oriented technologies. By Etienne Wenger. Self-published report available at www.ewenger.com/tech, 2001.
- Communities of practice: the organizational frontier. By Etienne Wenger and William Snyder. Harvard Business Review. January-February 2000, pp. 139-145.
- Knowledge management is a donut: shaping your knowledge strategy with communities of practice. By Etienne Wenger. Ivey Business Journal, January 2004.
- Cultivating Communities of Practice: Making Them Grow (YouTube video)
- Community of Practice (CoP) success story (YouTube video)